Brent is gone this whole week traveling for work(Germany and Italy) and I have gotten asked by quite a few people what I am going to do with him gone. So here are my plans/goals for this week
- Get long runs in. My goal is to run 40 miles this week. Typical weeks I do around 35 so hopefully the extra 5 miles will be easy :)
- Eat a TON of leftover Mexican food- Brent and I hosted a dinner last night and instead of cooking for 5 people who would be there, I cooked enough for probably 10 :) Thankfully Mexican is my favorite and I can mix the ingredients up a little bit.
- Finish my Christmas shopping- I need to get a move on this since we will be in Minnesota in 9 days!!!
- Continue my search for a new apartment for us and a job for me- Neither of these are going very well
- Dinners with friends- I have some lunches and dinners planned with some friends here so I will enjoy the girl time!
Needless to say I am going to keep myself busy!
This past weekend Brent and I went to the St. Maarten Festival of Lights parade with friends of ours.
Anyone who had a lantern could walk in the parade and it was really cute to see some of the lanterns that the little kids had
The Parade started with a St. Maarten(he is the patron Saint of Utrecht) lantern.
Saxophone leading the band through the parade
The parade ended in the Dom Square and they had the children's band from St. Maarten's school playing.
It was a cute parade and most of all a fun night out with friends!