Saturday, February 9, 2013

Surprise

Last week Brent and I were sitting on the couch after dinner like usual when he handed me the ipad and told me to look up Tenerife, Spain in Google Earth.  Then he told me we were leaving at the end of the week to go there and celebrate our anniversary.  I was so surprised!! He booked us 4 days at an all inclusive resort on the south end of the island(Tenerife is part of the Canary Islands). 
So early Friday morning(5:30 am) we fly down to the island.

On the bus headed to the resort.  I was smiling from the second I stepped outside

This is what awaited us when we got to our resort
Sunshine, pools and the ocean :)

And this is how I spent the rest of the day.  Sipping slushies poolside (they had a slushie machine for kids and of course pregnant woman :))

Saturday morning we got up early and both got in a great workout at the resort gym.  It was the first time either of us have used gym equipment since we moved here.  Is it sad that I kind of loved it?
After our workout we ate breakfast and went on a hike/walk along the coastline, where we got some beautiful pictures

There were crabs EVERYWHERE on the rocks.  If you look closely on the middle rock there is a pretty decent sized crab

Can you spot Brent?

What about now?

 There he is :)

Heading back to the resort

After our morning we spent the rest of the day doing more of this
swimming

 and poolside beer for B


I'll recap the rest of the trip on Monday

Have a good weekend!
Mindy




No comments:

Post a Comment