Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Mom and Dad Visit

On April 4, my parents came to visit us! My mom came shortly after Elliot was born, but this was my dads first time visiting us. There were here for 6 days and we packed those 6 days full! They got here on a Friday and Saturday morning the five of us drove to Cologne, Germany for the weekend. Brent and I were in Cologne when I was pregnant for the Christmas markets, but didn't spend a ton of time there.  We got there just in time for lunch and hit up a beer hall for some food and some beer. My mom is not a beer drinker at all. In fact in my 30 years, I haas never seen her have a beer...until Cologne! It was a fun weekend and Brent and I always like having any excuse to go to Germany!
Cheers mom!


Elliot wanted in on the German beer too


Outside the beer hall there was a group doing the cupid shuffle in a square. Mom and Elliot decided to join in


Our hotel had a pool so Elliot got to go swimming once again! He's a little fish!
Using the panoramic feature to get the whole cathedral



The next day we took a city bus tour, Elliot's first
Mom and Dad and the bridge. The lovers lock are similar to the bridge in paris where couples put there lock on and throw the key in the river.



Another beer hall for another lunch

We have to have ice cream :) 

All snuggled up for the drive home!

I'll be back with more posts about the rest of their visit later this week!

Mindy




No comments:

Post a Comment