Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Copenhagen

This past weekend I had my girls weekend in Copenhagen, Denmark. I went with my two good friends Melissa and Daina. It was the first time that both Daina and myself left our little ones over night and we both did great! I loved having the time away but was definitely excited about getting home to my boys!

We all met at the train station in Utrecht with plans of taking the train to the airport. Of course once we got there we learned due to some damage on the train tracks there were no trains going to Schipol airport. Thankfully, Daina's husband was able to drive us and we made it to the airport with no issues.

Once we got to Copenhagen it took us a little bit to figure out the public transportation. Everything was done on machines and no one was around to ask which zone we had to go to! We finally got it figured out and ended sitting in traffic on a bus for at least 20 minutes, it was awful! After we dropped our bags off the first thing we did was get some lunch and coffee!

Gorgeous day in the city 
We spent the afternoon/early evening walking around the city. We also enjoyed some wine on a dock along the water. We had dinner and drinks and had a great night talking at the apartment we rented.



Ice cream was a must

Selfies on a bench




Wine on the dock

We are dedicated! Getting our workouts in at the apartment
I'll be back with a couple more posts about the weekend soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment