Sunday, May 20, 2012

I'm Baaaack!!!

So I have not been very good at blogging lately.  But not to worry I have lots of posts and pictures planned so you all know what I have been doing while not blogging.  Brent and I have been playing host the past couple weeks to some co-workers and his brother Ross.  Ross' wife Katie came into town last Thursday(the 10th) to hang out.  So on Friday her and I ventured out to Amsterdam and did some sightseeing.  We decided that while the boys were at work we would check out the Heineken brewery- it technically is not the actual brewery, but a mock one they have set up called the Heineken experience.  They have a lot of the brewing equipment on display that has been used throughout the history of the brand.   We both now consider ourselves Heineken experts :) 





Helping out by grinding the grains.  They paid me with free beer 
Apparently that is my best brewer face

 They had a simulated beer pouring station, my results were "what a pity, you are no good at pouring beer"  Shocking!!
Our ticket into the brewery included the tour, 2 beers and a canal boat ride from the brewery to the experience store where we could claim our free souvenir.  Anytime you get the opportunity to take a canal ride on a nice day, DO IT!! It is such a cool way to see the city.


Next time anyone comes to visit I will teach them the proper way to drink Heineken!
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment